Last Updated on December 28, 2022 by Gaga
Constant coloring and heat styling can break the bonds that make your hair strong and shiny, leaving your strands weakened and prone to breakage. When traditional damage-repair products don’t work to improve the look and feel of your hair, bond-reinforcing hair care products can be of tremendous help.
In recent years, the market is flooded with products infused with bond-building technology that works on a molecular level to restore and strengthen both disulfide and hydrogen bonds in the hair. These bonds are vital for the strength, elasticity, and appearance of your hair. At-home bond-repairing products commonly come in the form of shampoos, conditioners, masks, and styling products.
Bond-building shampoos are usually a part of home treatment kits formulated to repair and maintain hair bonds after a salon bond-repairing service or to revitalize hair after chemical services, like bleaching and coloring. A bond-building shampoo can strengthen your chemically processed hair from the inside out, leaving your locks healthier with every wash.
With continued use, bond repair shampoos increase the hair’s resilience to environmental stressors and provide lasting protection against future damage. To enhance the results, you can follow up with a bonding conditioner made with the same bond-building technology.
This post contains links to Amazon. The publisher may get paid if You purchase something through the links without additional costs to You.
1. Bumble and Bumble Bond Building Repair Shampoo
Bumble and Bumble Bond Building Repair Shampoo is powered by Honey Bond-Building Complex to build new bonds and repair hair from the cortex to the cuticle. maintain hair bonds after coloring or other chemical services. In combination with the accompanying conditioner, this shampoo keeps hair healthy and prepares your locks for the next color/chemical service.
- Colored/highlighted hair
- Heat-damaged hair
Honey Bond-Building Complex rebuilds and strengthens damaged areas in the hair shaft, boosts elasticity, and prevents breakage.
- Rebuilds hair bonds and strengthens damaged hair
- Improves elasticity
- Smoothes the hair cuticle and adds shine
- Leaves hair soft, smooth, and manageable
- This shampoo contains sodium chloride which makes it unsuitable for keratin-treated hair.
2. OGX Restoring Bonding Plex Shampoo
This shampoo is a part of an innovative bond-boosting haircare system that includes the restoring-bonding-plex-shampoo, conditioner, and bonding cream. Using shampoo is the first step in the process of recovering hair that has been compromised by frequent coloring and overuse of heat-styling tools.
- Color-treated hair
- Heat-damaged and dry hair
- Course and frizzy hair
Ingredients: This innovative formula uses cystine, a cross-linked polymer, and hydrolyzed vegetable proteins to significantly strengthen hair bonds, revitalize your hair, and prevent future damage.
- Reduces the appearance of damage and repairs overly processed hair
- Increases moisture retention, improving hair texture and shine
- Makes the hair feel softer, healthier, and easier to style
- Leaves hair smooth and flowing
- Helps control frizz
- Reduces the appearance of split ends
3. B3 Brazilian Bond Builder Color Care Shampoo
This shampoo uses the same bond-building technology as the B3 Brazilian Bond Builder to repair the bonds responsible for hair strength and elasticity. This shampoo is recommended to strengthen and maintain hair bonds after color services. B3 Brazilian Bond Builder Color Care Shampoo gently cleanses your hair while continuing to reinforce the bonds in hair fibers. The formula is free of sulfates, parabens, sodium chloride, and gluten.
- Color-treated hair
- Heat damaged hair
- Hair prone to breakage
- Repairs color-damaged hair
- Helps maintain color tone and vibrancy
- Extends the life of your color between salon appointments
- Helps reduce breakage
- Returns dry, chemically damaged hair to soft, shiny, and healthy hair
- Leaves hair feeling strong and smooth
4. Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo
This luxurious, ultra-reparative shampoo is formulated using OLAPLEX Bond-Building technology. It repairs hair by re-linking broken bonds and leaving your locks healthier, shinier, and more supple with each use. It is formulated without sulfates, parabens, and phthalates.
- Color-treated hair
- Heat damaged hair
- Over-processed hair
- Dry, brittle hair
- Frizzy hair
- Repairs and maintains broken hair bonds
- Tames frizz and flyaway hair
- Reduces breakage
- Leaves hair smooth, shiny, and manageable
- Restores moisture and boosts elasticity
5. CAVIAR Anti-Aging Restructuring Bond Repair Shampoo
This bond-building shampoo is a part of Alterna’s line of anti-aging hair care products. The formula uses caviar bond-enforcing technology to restore vitality, strength, and luster, giving the hair a more youthful look. The product has a creamy, silky texture and pleasant fragrance.
- Over-processed and damaged hair
- Dry, dull, and lifeless hair
- Hair that tends to get frizzy
- Hair that breaks and falls out
- Thinning hair due to natural aging
Age-Control Complex includes real caviar extract, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, and a silicone blend to restore moisture, elasticity, and shine to your hair. This complex also restores the hair’s cuticle layer, making your locks look much younger and healthier. The shampoo is formulated without sulfates, parabens, and phthalates.
- Restores damaged cuticle layer to lock in nutrition and boost shine
- Rebuilds and strengthens damaged hair
- Increases resistance to breakage by up to 99% vs. untreated hair
- Helps repair damage from chemical processing and flat ironing
- Leaves hair softer, silkier, and shinier
- Makes the brush glide smoothly through the hair
- Calms down frizz and restores softness
- Keeps blonde hair bright
- It can be hard to get the product out of the bottle.
More related products: amika the kure bond repair shampoo and Luseta Perfect Bonding Restoring Shampoo.
Gaga is a blogger and founder of the Softer Hair website. She often says that insomnia is to blame for her first blogging attempts. Being the night owl, she hated the morning alarm. She left her office job and returned to what she loved most - writing.