People are always looking for better tools to make mornings easier while still keeping their locks looking fabulous. One tool that promises to speed up your morning hair routine is a 2-in-1 hair straightener and curler. This innovative product helps you to create beautiful beach waves with less effort and in less time than with conventional styling tools.
Combination hair straighteners and curlers are versatile stylers that provide incredible convenience. The curved plate design allows you to smooth and curl your hair in one single go. If you have frizzy hair that doesn’t always cooperate with you, you might want to give this appliance a try.
Advantages Over Conventional Flat Irons and Curling Wands
- A 2-in-1 straightener and curler will give you smooth hair with loose beach waves easily. You can smooth out coarse hair and create waves without switching between different tools, significantly reducing overall hair styling time.
- Combination straighteners and curlers are easier on your budget since you don’t have to buy separate tools for straightening and curling. You only need one device for both styling choices.
- They are also the perfect companion for travel. They’ll help you save some space in your travel bag since you won’t need to carry two separate appliances with you.
- A 2-in-1 hair straightener is a great choice if your bathroom is short on space. Having fewer tools will save some room in your bathroom cabinet.
How to Use 2-in-1 Hair Straighteners and Curlers?
When combining two styling tools into one unit, it’s important to know how this new design affects its use. With 2-in-1 hair straighteners and curlers, a rounded outside plate makes it easy to wrap the hair around and through the straightener to create a wave. Overall, the straightening process is similar using a traditional flat iron.
Curling, however, is a little different, but the process is still simple. Be sure to purchase the unit with the one-inch plate or narrower because it’s best for curling hair. Next, divide your hair into several sections. If you have a lot of hair, you may need to do three or four sections; otherwise, two should suffice. Take a small section of hair. Clamp the flat iron around the hair and start gliding down the section like when using a straight iron. Give it a turn where you want the curl to begin and continue to slide down.
It does take some practice and learning to get the curl that you are looking for, especially if you have never curled your hair with a straightener. However, after watching a few tutorial videos and making a few attempts, you will master the technique.
As with other hot tools, there are a few things to keep in mind while using this appliance to get the curls of your dreams. First, you must know your hair type. Hair has a variety of textures and thicknesses. Fine hair requires very little heat to get the job done, while thicker, more coarse hair will require some extra heat. Many of these twist-straightening irons have a large heat range to accommodate all hair types. The proper heat setting can make a big difference in the health of your hair. As a good rule of thumb, you should keep your iron between 250 and 340 degrees with fine hair and between 350 and 400 degrees with thick hair. Also, make sure to use a heat protectant regardless of your hair type.
Below are some great 2-in-1 straightener/curler combos to consider.
1) Homitt 2 in 1 Hair Straightener and Curler
This hair straightener and curler releases negative ions to lock in moisture and tame frizzy hair. It makes split ends less noticeable and leaves hair shiny and silky. It has five temperature levels, ranging between 250 and 400 degrees to meet the needs of all hair types and textures.
- You can easily adjust the temperature by rotating the device. Once you select the desired temperature, it clicks and stays firmly in place. A large LCD display allows you to monitor the current temperature.
- Ceramic-coated floating plates provide even heating and prevent damage to your locks. The iron glides smoothly without catching or knotting your hair.
- The curls last longer than with most curling wands.
- The set comes with a heat-resistant glove to protect your hand from getting burned.
- The compact design makes this device easy to put in your travel bag. It has dual voltage, so it can be used abroad if you purchase a standard plug converter.
- This device stands in an upright position on flat surfaces, preventing damage counters and tables.
The heat radiates throughout the handles, so it is hard to hold. You must wear protective gloves and to be careful to avoid burns.
2) CNV Twist Straightening Iron 2 in 1 Hair Straightener
CNV Hair Straightener and curler can give you straight, sleek, and frizz-free locks while reducing overall styling time. The unique convex and concave design of heating surfaces helps to create beautiful natural curls. 3D floating plates hold your hair tightly, providing more control over styling. The device has four adjustable temperature settings, ranging from 300 to 450 degrees to suit all hair types.
- Ceramic titanium plates glide smoothly through your hair to create a shiny, silky finish and protect your hair from heat-caused damage.
- The ergonomic design of this hair styler makes it easy to handle without tiring out your arm.
- You can easily create fashionable hairstyles with this 2-in-1 hair straightener.
- The compact design and dual voltage capability make it travel-friendly.
- The unit comes with a flat iron bag and heat-resistant glove. The package also includes two plastic clips to help you separate your hair.
It takes a while to get used to it.
CNV 2 and 1 Hair Straightener – Video
3) Professional Hair Straightener 2 in 1 by FURIDEN
This one-step straightener and styler is claimed to give you ultra-smooth silky hair much faster than conventional hair straighteners or wands. The device has one-inch-wide floating plates with curved edges. To adjust the temperature, rotate it clockwise and choose between five different temperature settings, ranging between 250 and 400 degrees. The temperature dial clicks into the chosen place and stays there until you decide to change the heat settings.
- This flat iron curler has an elegant, sleek design.
- When used properly it gives you loose, long-lasting curls.
- It heats up in 15 seconds.
- You just need a socket adapter to use it worldwide.
- A safety lock allows you to lock it closed for easy and safe storage.
- The package also includes a heat-resistant glove, velvety sleeve bag, comb, and two hair clips.
It might take several tries to get a great curl, so you may have to contact the seller and watch tutorial videos to avoid giving up.
Tutorial: How To Use The FURIDEN Iron
4) BAIYEA 2 in 1 Hair Straightener
This is another styling tool that combines straightening and curling function in one unit. Its ceramic tourmaline-coated plates produce negative ions to reduce frizz and keep hair shiny. The unit is equipped with a PTC heater that enables it to heat up in less than 30 seconds. Temperature settings range from 212 to 392 degrees to accommodate all hair types.
- The smooth ceramic plates glide through hair without snagging.
- The plates have anti-scald rubber tips to prevent burns.
- The LCD display makes it easy to monitor the temperature.
- Worldwide dual voltage makes it travel-friendly (when used with a compatible adapter).
- It comes with a traveling bag, heat glove, and two hairdressing clips for sectioning your hair.
This device is not equipped with an automatic shut-off timer.