If you bleach or color your hair on a regular basis and frequently use heat styling tools, you have probably reached the point when your hair is extremely dry, fragile, and hard to manage.
The good news is that with the right treatment, your damaged, over-processed hair can recover to be strong, healthy, and beautiful again.
What treatment works this magic?
One keratin repair treatment that is gaining popularity is Paul Mitchell’s Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratriplex Treatment.
Don’t confuse it with Brazilian Keratin Treatment, as KeraTriplex treatment is not designed to straighten hair.
Awapuhi Keratriplex Treatment replenishes the hair with the keratin that has been lost during chemical processing and gets your hair back to its healthy state—without affecting your natural waves.
What is KeraTriplex Treatment?
KeraTriplex Treatment is a 2-step, in-salon treatment that combines a protein hair treatment and a deep conditioning treatment.
Step 1. A blend of protein molecules (KeraTriplex) small enough to penetrate the cuticle and restore keratin in your hair repairs your strands from the inside.
Step 2. The deep conditioning treatment infuses hair with moisture to achieve the proper moisture/protein balance while adding softness and shine.
KeraTriplex Treatment can give any hair type a silky, beautiful appearance and protect it from future damage. However, dry, over-processed, and lifeless hair will benefit most from the KeraTriplex Treatment. This treatment transforms dry, weak, and brittle strands into stronger and healthier hair while adding a silky feel and glossy shine to the hair.
Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Keratriplex Treatment Steps
The Keratriplex Treatment is designed to be performed at a salon. If you decide to do it at home, make sure to purchase both products (Keratriplex vials and Keratin Intensive Treatment) and follow the directions exactly.
- Wash your hair with Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisturizing Lather Shampoo and follow with a Keratin Cream Rinse conditioner.
- Towel dry your hair.
- Apply KeraTriplex Hair Treatment, focusing on the most damaged areas, then distribute it evenly, leaving it in your hair for about 5 minutes. During this stage, the small keratin particles penetrate the hair shaft to repair and seal damaged areas. Do not rinse the product from your hair.
- Apply Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Intensive Treatment and process under heat for 10 minutes. During this conditioning stage, the Keratin Intensive Hair Treatment provides deep hydration to balance protein and moisture content in your hair, while adding softness and shine.
- Rinse your hair without shampooing.
- Towel dry your hair, then blow-dry and style as desired.
- Adds strength and moisture to weak hair
- Reduces breakage
- Makes dry, rough hair silky soft
- Improves shine
- Makes fine, thin hair look thicker and fuller
- Tames frizz
- Makes curls soft and bouncy
- Prevents color fading
Advantages over Keratin Straightening Treatments
- The KeraTriplex Treatment procedure is very simple. While a traditional keratin straightening treatment usually takes more than 2 hours, this keratin repair treatment requires about 30 minutes.
- There are no strict post-treatment precautions, and you can wash and style your hair as soon as the procedure is completed.
- You don’t have to use a flat iron to seal the treatment in your hair, as you do with keratin straightening treatments. However, you can use a flat iron or curling iron to style your hair after the blow-drying stage.
- Unlike most keratin straightening treatments, this product doesn’t contain harmful chemicals that can pose a health risk for you and your stylist.
- While the products involved in the application of keratin straightening treatments can emit harmful and irritating fumes, the products used in Awapuhi Keratriplex treatment have an incredibly refreshing Awapuhi scent.
- You can get an Awapuhi Keratriplex treatment for a fraction of the price of a Brazilian keratin treatment—most salons charge between $30 – $40 for KeraTriplex Treatment. Once you are experienced enough to do the treatment at home, you can save a lot of money and a trip to the salon by doing it yourself.
Limitations: The results of a Keratriplex treatment don’t last as long as the results after keratin straightening treatment. Without the regular use of the entire KeraTriplex system (shampoo, rinse, and deep conditioner) the results will fade within a month.
The effects will last longer if you do deep conditioning using Keratin Intensive Treatment once a week. This deep conditioner is designed to prolong the results of the Keratriplex treatment and keep your hair strong, silky, frizz-free, and shiny.
What is Keratin Intensive Treatment?
Keratin Intensive Treatment is the second step of the KeraTriplex Treatment, where it is used in conjunction with the Keratriplex vials. It is also meant to be used as a follow-up at-home treatment after you have done the Awapuhi KeraTriplex treatment at a salon. However, your hair can benefit from this product regardless of whether you have received the Awapuhi KeraTriplex treatment or not.
This deep conditioner also contains the KeraTriplex protein complex in addition to the highly moisturizing extract of wild Awapuhi. This product can penetrate deep into the hair to put keratin back into hair fibers, replenish lost moisture, and add a smooth and shiny appearance to your hair.
Paul Mitchell’s Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Intensive Treatment works best on hair that has been color-treated, relaxed, permed, or damaged by heat.
Suggested use: As a deep conditioning treatment, this product should be used on a weekly basis. Apply a small amount to your towel-dried hair after shampooing. Work the cream through your hair, leave it on for 3-5 minutes, and then rinse. If your hair is extremely dry or over-processed, use the heated gel cap for 10-15 minutes.
Dry and style as desired.
Don’t overuse. When used more than once a week, this product can weigh your hair down.
Disclaimer: All content on this blog is created for informational purposes only. You shouldn’t use it as a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Last Updated on April 3, 2022 by Gaga
Gaga is a blogger and founder of the Softer Hair website. She often says that insomnia is to blame for her first blogging attempts. Being the night owl, she hated the morning alarm. She left her office job and returned to what she loved most - writing. Her pets are her coworkers, and she replaced the town crowd with a quiet neighborhood outside the city.