Sulfates are number one ingredient in most commercial shampoo formulas. Sodium laureth sulfate is added to a wide range of personal hair care products because it’s cheap, effective, and high foaming cleanser. However, harsh, sulfate containing shampoos have a tendency to dry out your hair, making it prone to frizz.
Silicones are added to hair products to control frizz and add luster to the hair. Silicone-containing shampoos and conditioners form a waterproof coating around hair shaft which serves to repel humidity and gives hair smooth, shiny look. Silicone-containing products just give you the temporary illusion of healthy hair. The protective film on the hair that prevents moisture loss actually stops moisturizing ingredients in conditioners and hair treatments from reaching your hair shaft. Silicones also can build up over time making the hair feel weighed down and waxy.
Most important step in keeping your hair from puffing up is using a mild, sulfate-free shampoo that cleanses without causing hair to become dry and without leaving a sticky residue that can weigh hair down.
The following are some high-quality, gentle shampoos and conditioners that are formulated with natural moisturizing ingredients and don’t contain sulfates and silicones.
A team of biomedical scientists based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, invented and patented new molecules that create an invisible shield around each hair strand to lock in moisture-proof smoothness.
Healthy Hair Molecule (OFPMA) blocks humidity, repels dirt and oil and creates healthier hair over time. This molecule polishes hair strands and eliminates frizz-causing surface friction.
PBAE molecule creates a microscopic pattern of thickening dots on every hair strand which helps build body and volume without stiff, sticky resins.
This new frizz-taming technology is clinically proven to be 70% more effective in reducing frizz than silicone- and oil-based products. If you live in a very humid climate or spend time in humid areas, this duo in combination with leave in conditioner and styling gel can produce great results, making your hair look better-than-usual in these places.
- This shampoo-conditioner set cleans very effectively without stripping
- Reduces drying time and makes your styles last longer
- Leaves hair feeling silky smooth and shiny
- Allows you to go an extra day or two without washing your hair
- Defines and shines the curls making them silky and loose
- Keeps the frizz out without weighing hair down
- Gives hair bounce and volume
The bottles are cheaply made and the lids often break off
This combo was made for curly hair, which tends to be drier and more sensitive to damage than straight hair.
About the product
Healthy ingredients including botanical extracts
Non- lathering shampoo formula removes dirt, but doesn’t dry hair out
Refreshing, “minty” smell
Color safe formula
- This set helps keep hair frizz free
- Leaves hair clean, without stripping natural hair oils
- Leaves hair bouncy, shiny and revitalized
- Makes hair softer, silkier and more manageable
- Leaves curls soft, full, and shiny
- The conditioner keeps hair hydrated and works a great detangler
L’Oreal Paris EverSleek Sulfate-Free Smoothing System
Sulfate and silicon-free shampoo and conditioner set for smoothing unruly, frizzy hair
Formulated with natural argan, sunflower, and olive oils that penetrate hair to improve texture and control frizz. Safe for colored and chemically straightened hair.
- Gently cleanses and leaves hair softer, shinier, and sleeker
- Controls frizz up to 48 hours
- Leaves hair tangle free
- Makes straightening hair with a flat iron much easier
Image courtesy of nenetus at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Medical disclaimer: This post is for informational purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.
You may also like: