Last Updated on December 28, 2022 by Gaga
Why do Blondes Need Purple Toning Products?
After a few weeks of color appointments, you typically notice that your gorgeous blonde hair starts to turn brassy or yellowish. Light-colored hair is prone to discoloration because the bleaching process leaves hair incredibly porous. Chemical processing opens up the cuticle, which allows the controlling pigment to wash out from the hair. Don’t worry, though. You don’t have to reside in Windsor or Buckingham Palace to treat give your hair the royal treatment today using purple hair masks for bright and nourished blonde hair!
Mute the Band: While brass is super cool in a band, it’s hellish in your hair. Porous hair soaks up environmental elements, minerals in the water, and chemicals in hair care products. The brassy tones in blonde hair can also be caused due to using harsh shampoos, overusing heat-styling tools, and long-term sunlight exposure. Let purple masks mute the band and make your hair color march with pride and power!
To ensure that your hair won’t turn brassy, you need some purple toning products in your bathroom cabinet. These products are infused with violet pigments, which temporarily remove the brassy tones, making blonde hair look brighter and more attractive.
If you have blonde, white, or highlighted hair that tends to turn brassy, purple toning products are a lifesaver. Purple products can also be used on naturally blonde hair to banish yellow and brassy tones that may develop over time.
Purple Princesses or Princes: Purple Toning Masks
Purple masks enable you to give yourself royal treatment as far as hair color maintenance. These special purple masks are formulated with violet pigments to remove unwanted yellow and brassy tones while nurturing your gorgeous blonde hair. Be a purple princess or prince as you pamper your blonde colors!
Spin the Wheel: The violet pigments help cancel out the yellow, like any other color that counteracts the directly opposite color on the color wheel. Spin and win with purple masks!
What’s Great About Using a Purple Mask?
- Salon Spawned: Reduces the brassiness in blonde hair, making the color appear bright and fresh as if you’ve just come out of the salon.
- Cool Cat: Enhances cool tones and keeps your highlights looking fresh and beautiful. That’s something to purr about!
- If I Could Turn Back Time: Stretch out the time between color appointments by using purple masks. Pay homage to that iconic Cher song when you turn back time!
Why Masks, You May Ask: Advantages Over Purple Shampoos
1. Heal and Feel Luxurious: Purple masks have significant conditioning properties that you won’t find in a purple shampoo. Thanks to their nourishing ingredients, these masks leave your hair feeling incredibly soft, which makes them suitable for over-processed and damaged hair.
2. Girl (or Guy) Power: Most purple shampoos tend to dry out the hair, while purple masks moisten hair and leave it nourished. A purple mask also leaves your hair soft, unlike a purple shampoo, which can be too harsh on bleached hair. In addition to toning your hair, a purple mask revitalizes your hair, making it healthier and stronger. Grab some girl or guy power for your blonde hair!
3. Go Green: Most purple shampoos use sulfate-based cleansing agents that are harsh on colored or chemically straightened hair. Purple masks don’t contain sulfates, so they’re gentle on colored and keratin-treated hair.
4. Mega Multitasker: If you have very coarse hair, a purple mask will make it softer and more manageable while toning it, too. Talk about a mega multitasker, eh?
Brand Fans: What are the Best Purple Hair Masks?
This post contains links to Amazon. The publisher may get paid if You purchase something through the links without additional costs to You.
1. Peaceful Hues: Pravana The Perfect Blonde Purple Toning Masque promises to instantly neutralize unwanted brassy and yellow tones. This nourishing purple masque is specifically formulated to help maintain blonde hair color and blonde highlights. Give your blonde hue some peace and love!
- Effectively maintains the brightness of platinum blonde locks.
- When used regularly, it ensures that your hair keeps a cool tone between color sessions.
- Can diminish a good amount of the brassiness after just one use.
- When used with good-quality water, can tone down the brassy look and exude a cool blonde color.
- Leaves your hair feeling soft, nourished, and manageable.
How to use: Apply once a week to freshly shampooed hair. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse it out. Don’t leave it on the hair for longer than 10 minutes, as your hair might take on a purple tint.
2. Silver Ahead: Purple Hair Mask for Blonde, Platinum & Silver Hair by Bold Uniq
This purple mask promises to neutralize yellowish, golden, or brassy tones in natural and colored blonde hair. The violet pigments work to enhance blonde, white, platinum, silver, and grey color.
BOLD UNIQ Mask is enriched with Vitamin B5, natural oils, and soy protein to nourish your hair in the process and improve softness and elasticity.
If you use a lot of styling products, wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo before using this mask. Apply the mask to clean, towel-dried hair and leave it to sit in the hair for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. To achieve more silver shade, leave it in for 10 minutes or even longer.
The results wash out gradually within 4-6 shampoos. Use once a week to keep the brass away.
The violet pigments in this mask are less intense than the pigments in the purple shampoo from the same company.
3. Project Runway: TIGI Catwalk Fashionista Violet Mask is developed to reduce brassy tones and add a lustrous shine to blonde, grey, or highlighted hair. It’s formulated with a brightening complex, conditioning agents, and violet toners to create a smooth and shiny finish and keep the blonde color looking fresh.
This great-smelling mask also helps to repair damage from bleaching while simultaneously defending against future damage from heat and environmental factors.
Use weekly on clean, towel-dried hair, and work it into the mid-lengths and ends. Leave on your hair for 3 to 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly. You’ll be runway-ready as a result!
4. Sci-Fi Sensation: Matrix Total Results Brass Off Mask is a treatment mask formulated to bring out cool tones in blonde hair. This mask uses intense violet pigments to neutralize brassy undertones and reveal clean blonde hair.
In addition to toning, this nourishing formula moisturizes your hair and protects fragile strands from heat damage and breakages.
Apply to wet hair while avoiding your scalp. Leave on the hair for 5 minutes. To tone down stubborn brassy tones, leave it for up to 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Like the Matrix movie, this one is a Sci-Fi sensation!
(Available at Walmart).
Imperfectly Perfect?: Less Perfect Features of Violet Masks
If you leave the purple mask on longer than needed, your hair may take on a bit of the lavender color, especially if you’re a lighter blonde. If this happens, just rewash your hair using non-tinted shampoo, and the color should fade away.
Extremely porous hair is prone to fast pigment absorption and is more likely to turn purple than normal or low-porosity hair. On the other hand, some people intentionally leave the mask on their locks for a little extra time to get a slight lilac hue.
Mask Mania: How Often to Use a Purple Mask?
Although you can often see the difference in the tone of your hair after just one use, one single application won’t keep your color from getting brassy again. To enable your color to look fresh and to prevent brassiness from developing, aim to use a purple mask once a week. To ensure that you use your product correctly, thoroughly read the directions, or ask your hairdresser how to use it.
Gaga is a blogger and founder of the Softer Hair website. She often says that insomnia is to blame for her first blogging attempts. Being the night owl, she hated the morning alarm. She left her office job and returned to what she loved most - writing.