Olaplex revolutionized the coloring process three years ago, enabling professional colorists to achieve a greater level of lift without ruining your hair.
Their innovative products were developed to protect the hair during the lightening and coloring process and repair damage caused by excessive bleaching. They were able to restore structurally damaged hair by reconnecting the internal bonds broken during chemical services.
While Olaplex No.1 and No. 2 were only available for salon use by professional hair stylists to prevent hair damage during and after coloring, Olaplex No.3 was accessible to consumers who wanted to improve the condition of their hair and keep the internal bonds strong and resistant to further damage.
Olaplex has recently released two new game-changing hair care products in this line for home use – Olaplex shampoo and conditioner. Their at-home regimen now includes No.3 Hair Perfector, No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo, and No. 5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner.
Olaplex Home Bond Maintenance System
Chemical treatments, heat styling, and harsh environmental factors are a constant threat to the health and structural integrity of your hair. Olaplex shampoo and conditioner are both formulated using Olaplex bond-building technology that has been proven to improve the integrity of the damaged and chemically processed hair.
In addition to their hair strengthening capabilities, Olaplex shampoo and conditioner are completely non-toxic products. They are gentle and suitable for all hair types, including colored and chemically treated hair.
No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo
Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo is designed to repair and moisturize your hair during shampooing. It claims to be able to relink broken bonds and leave your hair stronger and healthier with every wash.
The Olaplex shampoo has a thick consistency and great spreadability. It creates rich lather despite its lack of sulfate cleansers. You only need to use a pea-sized amount to get your hair clean and nourished.
It also has a pleasantly refreshing citrus smell.
- Mild, sulfate-free surfactants derived from coconuts that leave your hair feeling clean without stripping its essential moisture.
- Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate that helps repair disulfide bonds that have been damaged or broken during chemical processing, such as bleaching, perming, and chemical straightening.
- The formula is sulfate-free, paraben-free, and gluten-free.
- Re-links broken bonds within the hair
- Reduces breakage
- Leaves hair tangle free
- Eliminates frizz and flyaways
- Leaves hair soft and manageable
- Reduces the damaging impact of daily stresses
How to use: Shampoo as you normally would. You only need a dime-sized amount of shampoo to create a rich leather.
No.5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner
Olaplex No. 5 Conditioner is a highly-moisturizing hair care product that uses Olaplex bond building technology to repair damaged hair and prevent future damage.
The conditioner is hard to squeeze out of the bottle due to its super thick consistency, so store the bottle upside down to get the product out easier.
Much like the No. 4 shampoo, this conditioner has a light, citrusy fragrance.
- Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate helps protect and restore damaged hair by repairing broken disulfide bonds.
- A vegetable-derived bio-lipid complex called Phytenso provides long-lasting moisture and color protection.
- Avocado Oil has intense moisturizing properties that help detangle hair and reduce breakage.
- Acai Berry Extract helps strengthen hair from the root and supports new hair growth.
The No. 5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner can benefit all hair types and textures
- Strengthens damaged hair by re-linking broken internal bonds
- Hydrates hair without adding excess weight
- Makes detangling a breeze
- Adds softness and volume to fine hair
- Eliminates frizz and creates a healthy shine
- Leaves hair silky, bouncy, and easy to manage
How to use: Leave conditioner on your for about three minutes. You only need a dime-sized amount since the product is pretty thick. Distribute it evenly throughout your hair. Rinse, dry, and style your hair as you normally would.