When you get out of the ocean, your hair has beachy mermaid waves and a lot of texture. If you want that messy, tousled look that has become so popular, using a sea salt spray is a great way of getting this desired effect. A beach spray is a hair styling product, that helps you mimic the natural ocean style and give your hair a gritty texture and perfectly imperfect messy beach waves. The best part of this styling product is that it can create this desired look almost instantly, no matter how far you are from the sea. Beach sprays work for all hair types, but results will vary depending on hair type, texture, and length.
What Makes a Quality Sea Salt Spray for Hair?
The ideal type of beach spray you want to use on your hair should meet these criteria:
- It should be formulated with the finest natural ingredients so it won’t irritate sensitive skin. Harsh chemicals also can penetrate your skin and accumulate in the body, causing undesirable health side effects.
- It should contain moisturizing oils and conditioning agents without alcohol to protect hair from drying out. Extended use of salty sprays can actually worsen summer hair damage. This is especially important for curly hair that is already dry by nature and needs protection from saltwater.
- It should provide hold and texture. This is most important for straight and flat hair that needs additional styling to get a wavy look. For people with fine hair, good salt spray adds texture, making hair feel thicker and fuller.
- The product should not weigh your hair down or make it crunchy/stiff.
Although beach sprays are mostly formulated to work on all hair types, here are some suggestions for various hair types based mostly on ingredient labels and customer feedback.
Beach Hair Spray for Fine Hair
This all-natural spray for hair, face, and body comes in a pretty glass bottle. It contains no sulfates, alcohol, parabens, fragrances, artificial colors, fillers, or unnatural preservatives. It uses no animal ingredients, and no animal testing is conducted on this product or its ingredients.
Ingredients: The product contains Dead Sea Salt, which is good for cleansing and detoxifying the skin, improving circulation, and stimulating hair growth. Aloe Vera helps maintain the natural pH level of the scalp and hair, thus naturally preventing fungi and bacteria growth. Coconut CO2 adds a light moisturizing effect and a pleasant coconut aroma to the product. Natural vanilla oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and helps replenish moisture and add shine to hair. Lime essential oil helps fight dandruff, absorbs excess sebum, and brings life to frizzy and dull hair. Leucidal Liquid provides antimicrobial protection and is used in cosmetic products as an alternative to synthetic preservatives.
- Herbivore Botanicals Coconut Sea Mist Hair Spray gives much-needed volume to fine and thinning hair.
- The spray adds beachy texture to hair, much like the effect you get after swimming in the ocean. It makes hair textured without looking sticky and leaves hair full, manageable, and soft to the touch.
- It leaves a fresh, clean, exotic scent in your hair that goes away after a few hours.
- You can spray it on anytime to add volume and texture to your hair and replicate beachy waves.
- When used on damp hair, this spray adds volume and defines waves. You can use it on dry hair for a quick fix and for refreshing your style.
Sea Salt Spray for Curly Hair
This sea salt hair spray is primarily meant for curly and wavy hair. It holds your curls beautifully without making them feel stiff or crispy. When used on straight hair this sea salt spray gives hair volume, texture, and more manageability.
Ingredients: Sea Salt/Maris Salt has therapeutic properties and acts as a disinfectant and conditioning agent while adding thickness and volume to your hair. Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract soothes the scalp and helps moisturize and soften cuticles while adding shine. Algae extract contains amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for your hair’s overall health. Benzyl Salicylate acts as UV-absorber that prevents color from fading and sun damage. This product is free of alcohols, parabens, and animal cruelty.
- Increases the hair’s ability to bind to moisture
- Softens curly hair while providing body and movement
- Gives a beachy tousled look to naturally wavy hair
- Adds the volume and flexibility that lasts throughout the day
- Gives a fresh sea breeze look to “day after hair”
Sea Salt Texturizing Spray for Straight Hair
This unisex sea salt spray is formulated to give hair fullness, texture, and well-defined style. The product keeps hair hydrated throughout the day by gradually releasing water molecules onto the hair shaft.
It has a delicious vanilla scent with some coconut undertones. The product provides texture for easy styling and is suitable for people who are always on the go. It works great on straight, wavy, fine, flat, and thinning hair.
- Provides a flexible hold for your curls without leaving hair heavy, or sticky
- If your hair is already wavy this spray will boost your hair’s natural waves.
- Gives a thicker appearance and more fullness to fine and thinning hair
- Gives nice texture and body to straight, flat hair
- Gives you pretty beachy waves if you have styled your hair using a curling wand.
How to use:
Spray on wet hair and comb through, then scrunch to create body and add waves and texture. Let your hair air dry or blow dry it.
You can apply a few spritzes after blow-drying your hair to get voluminous waves. Otherwise, you can spray your hands and run them through your almost dry hair to get imperfect beachy waves.
Beach Spray for Color Treated Hair
This texturizing spray adds body and a shine to your hair, allowing you to create tousled, beach-inspired waves.
The formula uses hydrolyzed wheat protein to strengthen your strands and improve your hair’s health. Safflower seed oil, amber extract, and marigold flower extract moisturize and nourish hair, strengthen the hair follicle, heal dry ends, and make your hair look healthier. Galanga root extract works as a conditioning agent and ultraviolet light absorber.
This spray is formulated without parabens or sodium chloride. It is safe for colored and keratin treated hair.
- Adds texture and helps you to achieve a sexy beach wave look
- Adds moisture and shine to hair
- Adds body without leaving residue or salty-stiffness
- Contains ingredients that nourish and repair hair
- Provides a light hold
- Works as the perfect refresher spray
- Protects hair from UV rays
- Has a great fragrance
How to Use
You can use this sea salt spray either on wet or dry hair. Spray it all over and tousle hair to get an effortless, beachy look.
You need to be careful and use the product sparingly. If you use too much it can make your hair look crunchy or crispy. Also, be sure to shake it well.
You may also like