When you get out of the ocean, your hair has beachy mermaid waves and a lot of texture. If you like that messy, tousled look, a sea salt spray can provide you with the desired results. A beach spray is a hair styling product, that could mimic the natural ocean style, giving your hair a gritty texture and perfectly imperfect messy beach waves. The best part of using this styling product is that you can get the desired look almost instantly, no matter how far the sea is. Beach sprays work for everyone’s hair but results may vary depending upon the type, texture, and length of your hair.
A high-quality beach spray should meet the following criteria:
- It should be formulated with the finest natural ingredients which won’t irritate sensitive skin.
- It should contain moisturizing oils and conditioning agents to protect hair from drying out. Extended use of salty sprays can actually worsen summer hair damage. The protection is especially important for curly hair that is already dry by nature.
- It should provide texture and hold. This is most important for straight and flat hair that needs additional styling to get a wavy look. For individuals with fine hair, good salt spray can add texture, making their hair feel thicker and fuller.
- The product should not weigh hair down or make it crunchy/stiff.
Although everyone can use beach sprays, here are some suggestions for various hair types based mostly on ingredient labels and customer feedback.
Herbivore Botanicals – All Natural Sea Mist Hair Spray
This all-natural spray for hair, face, and body comes in a pretty glass bottle. It contains no sulfates, alcohol, parabens, fragrances, artificial colors, or fillers. It uses no animal ingredients, and no animal testing is conducted on this product.
Ingredients: The product contains Dead Sea Salt, which is good for cleansing and detoxifying the skin, improving circulation, and stimulating hair growth. Aloe Vera helps maintain the natural pH level of the scalp and hair, thus naturally preventing fungi and bacteria growth. Coconut CO2 adds a light moisturizing effect and a pleasant coconut aroma to the product. Natural vanilla oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and helps replenish moisture and add shine to hair. Lime essential oil helps fight dandruff, absorbs excess sebum, and brings life to frizzy and dull hair. Leucidal Liquid provides antimicrobial protection and is used in cosmetic products as an alternative to synthetic preservatives.
- Gives much-needed volume to fine and thinning hair
- Adds beachy texture to hair, like you have been swimming in the ocean. It makes hair textured without looking sticky and leaves hair full, manageable, and soft to the touch.
- Leaves a fresh, clean, exotic scent in your hair that goes away after a few hours
- You can use it on dry hair for a quick fix and for refreshing your style.
The Shore of Yourself Sea Salt Spray For Curly Hair
This sea salt hair spray is primarily meant for curly and wavy hair. It holds your curls beautifully without making them feel stiff or crispy. When used on straight hair this sea salt spray gives hair volume, texture, and more manageability.
Ingredients: Sea Salt/Maris Salt has therapeutic properties and acts as a disinfectant and conditioning agent while adding thickness and volume to your hair. Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract soothes the scalp and helps moisturize and soften hair while adding shine. Algae extract contains amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for your hair’s overall health. Benzyl Salicylate acts as UV-absorber that prevents sun damage and color fading. This product is free of alcohols, parabens, and animal cruelty.
- Increases the hair’s ability to bind moisture
- Softens curly hair while providing body and movement
- Gives a beachy tousled look to naturally wavy hair
- Adds the volume and flexibility that lasts throughout the day
Davines This is a Sea Salt Spray
This unisex sea salt spray is formulated to give hair fullness, texture, and well-defined style. The product keeps hair hydrated throughout the day by gradually releasing water molecules onto the hair shaft. It has a delicious vanilla scent with some coconut undertones. The product provides texture for easy styling and is suitable for people who are always on the go. It works great on straight, wavy, fine, flat, and thinning hair.
- Provides flexible hold for your curls without leaving hair heavy, or sticky
- If your hair is already wavy this spray will boost your hair’s natural waves.
- Gives a thicker appearance and more fullness to fine and thinning hair
- Gives nice texture and body to straight, flat hair
- Gives you pretty beachy waves if you have styled your hair using a curling wand.
How to use:
Spray on wet hair and comb through, then scrunch to create body and add waves and texture. Let your hair air dry or blow dry it. You can apply a few spritzes after blow-drying your hair to get voluminous waves. Otherwise, you can spray your hands and run them through your almost dry hair to get imperfect beachy waves.
ORIBE Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray
This texturizing spray adds body and shine to hair, allowing you to create tousled, beach-inspired waves. The formula uses hydrolyzed wheat protein to strengthen your strands and improve your hair’s health. Safflower seed oil, amber extract, and marigold flower extract moisturize and nourish hair, strengthen the hair follicle, heal dry ends, and make your hair look healthier. Galanga root extract works as a conditioning agent and ultraviolet light absorber.
This spray is formulated without parabens or sodium chloride. It is safe for colored and keratin-treated hair.
- Adds texture and helps you to achieve a sexy beachy look
- Adds moisture and shine to hair
- Adds body without leaving residue or salty-stiffness
- Contains ingredients that nourish and repair hair
- Provides a light hold
- Works as the perfect refresher spray
- Protects hair from UV rays
- Has a great fragrance
How to Use
You can use this sea salt spray either on wet or dry hair. Spray it all over and tousle hair to get an effortless, beachy look. You need to be careful and use the product sparingly. If you use too much it can make your hair look crunchy or crispy. Also, be sure to shake it well.