Last Updated on January 13, 2022 by Gaga
Written by Gaga
Edited by Stacy J. Shaneyfelt, freelancer, author, and educator
Have you literally been through thick and thin with your hair lately? There are several possible causes why your hair is getting thinner, exposing your bright and shiny scalp and making you feel self-conscious uncomfortable.
1. Act Your Age: One of the causes of thinning hair is aging. Hair becomes thinner with aging, usually on the top of the head, at the forehead, and/or on the hairline.
2. Sorry, Ariana Grande: Sometimes hair thinning can occur due to wearing your hair in a tight ponytail. Pulling your hair back repeatedly can lead to hair breakage and temporary hair loss.
3. Blue Genes: The problem with thinning hair can be inherited.
4. Time to See a Dermatologist? Bald spots on your head can be caused by certain scalp conditions. To get a diagnosis and some treatments, you need to consult your dermatologist or trichologist.
5. Medical Mayhem: Some health conditions, medications, and vitamin deficiencies can lead to hair thinning. Visit your doctor to get the best advice and treatment options.
How Do I Hide Thinning Hair?
- 1 How Do I Hide Thinning Hair?
- 2 Power Up: What’s So Great about Hair Filler Powders?
- 3 How Long Does Fill-in Powder Stay in Your Hair?
- 4 Suggested Use
- 5 Hair Fill-In Powders That Are Worth Your Attention
- 6 Final Words
Bright scalp areas that aren’t covered with hair can look very unattractive, increase stress, and decrease confidence Small bald spots on the scalp can be camouflaged with hairstyles that are adapted to people with thinning hair. Some people wear hats or some other kind of head gear to hide the bald spots. Wearing a wig can be a solution, but constantly wearing a wig can often make your head itch.
Hair thickening sprays and keratin fibers work well to camouflage areas of thinning hair, making hair look thicker and denser.
However, the most convenient product for covering bald spots is hair powder for thinning hair. In fact, a good-quality brand of hair fill-in powder can offer a dramatic improvement in appearance without requiring much time and effort. This product instantly creates the illusion of fuller hair and enables people who suffer from thinning hair to improve their self-confidence.
Power Up: What’s So Great about Hair Filler Powders?
1. Full Without the Bull: Instantly denser hair: A powder for thinning hair covers bare scalp areas with a color that matches your hair. As a result, it reduces the shiny appearance of bald spots and areas where the hair parts, further preventing the scalp from showing. This helps instantly create the look of thicker and denser hair.
2. Nurture in Nature: Natural-looking results: Hair fill-in powders give subtle and realistic results. This product blends in the roots better and delivers more natural appearances than other similar products. This is important for women and men who want to cover problematic areas without drastic measures.
3. The Root of the Problem: Great for root touch-ups: Although it isn’t the primary purpose, fill-in powder for thinning hair is an exceptional product for root touch-ups between permanent coloring sessions. It comes in various shades to match your current hair color. The application even extends the time between color appointments.
4. Gray at Bay: Gray roots concealers: If you have a lot of gray hair, you have to do a root touch-up every two to three weeks. Powder for thinning hair successfully fills your hair parting and masks the graying roots. The bonus is that you can go longer between colorings.
5. Feel the Breeze: Easy to use and control: Fill-in hair powder can be applied in layers, so you can build the coverage, as desired. Such precise control isn’t possible when using a spray for thinning hair. The powder is easier to apply, and it’ll actually hold until you shampoo your hair.
How Long Does Fill-in Powder Stay in Your Hair?
Again, the powder coating sticks very well and stays in your hair until the next shampoo. Plus, it’s also wind and humidity-resistant and doesn’t run down your face when you sweat. The powder also doesn’t come off when brushing the hair. It can be easily shampooed out without staining your bathroom. However, to maintain the desired results, you do need to reapply after each hair wash.
If you have a sensitive scalp, the prolonged use of hair filler powder may cause your scalp to feel itchy.
Wash your hair and make sure that it’s completely dry. Part the hair where you want to apply the powder. Then grab the small amount of powder with a brush or sponge and gently dab over roots to fill in thin areas. To get a natural look, always gently shake the brush and don’t apply powder outside the hairline.
For larger areas, you can use fill-in powder in combination with keratin fibers. Apply the powder first, and then add keratin fibers on top.
Hair Fill-In Powders That Are Worth Your Attention
1. Great Hair Day Fill-In Powder by Joan Rivers Beauty
This is a high-quality product for covering spots with thinning hair and for hiding gray roots. It stands out for its durability and natural look. When shopping, opt for a slightly lighter shade than your current hair color because the colors are a little darker than in the product description.
2. Hairline Powder by BOLDIFY
This hair fill-in powder is exceptionally convenient for covering areas with thinning hair. It claims to hold for 48 hours and can withstand wind and moisture. The sponge applicator also makes it easy to control the amount of color you apply, which ensures a very natural look. It also works great for covering gray roots. Another perk is that this product is extremely compact and travel-friendly.
3. Nuonove Hairline Powder
This powder effectively hides gray roots and covers the visible scalp areas, providing a very natural look of fuller hair. The formula is made from ingredients that aren’t harmful to the skin. This travel-friendly powder comes in a small, cute box with a mirror and sponge applicator inside it.
With thinning hair powder, you can take care of two problems at once – hide your gray roots and camouflage your thin hair. Although this powder isn’t a solution for complete hair loss, it works perfectly for concealing problem areas such as thinning hair, wide hair parting, receding hairline, and bald spots. Are you ready to win over thin hair?
To create the most natural look, choose the fill color that’s closest to the current color of your hair. This will make areas of thinning hair less noticeable for a more confident appearance.